Where does your water and energy supply come from and how should we manage them for the next 100 years?
I. Your State’s Energy Supply
A. Science of Energy (PowerPoint Presentation)
– What is energy?
– What are the different forms of energy?
– How is energy transformed from one form into another?
– What is electromagnetism?
– How do we use electromagnetism to harness and transport energy?
B. Forms and Sources of Energy
– What are the renewable and nonrenewable sources of energy?
– How much do we currently rely on each source of energy?
– Which sources of energy do different economic sectors rely on?
C. Energy Management
– Which sources of energy are used in your state?
– How do economics, politics and energy source availability impact the mix of energy sources used in your state?
– What are the pros and cons of each energy source?
A. Quantification of Energy Used and Cost
– How much energy does a particular electronic device or appliance use?
– How could less energy be used or energy be used more efficiently?
LESSON: Kill-A-Watt Meter Data Collection
LESSON: Energy Calculations and Cost
LESSON: Energy Savings Excelet Example